We recently designed and developed a new website and application tracking system for one of the country's leading education institutes - Newcastle College.
We worked towards unique features that would benefit the college:
- Live chat integration - This allows the Newcastle College application team to talk to their applicants in real time, guiding them through the application process and answering any queries they may have.
- Facebook integration - Our Facebook application integration lets users see who of their friends have applied to the college and on what course, improving signup numbers and decreasing drop-out rates; but of course giving piece of mind to the students taking on a new chapter of their life with the college.
- Fully dynamic page designs - We haven't restricted the college to one layout. We've given them control over the whole layout of their site, choosing from a range of modules bespoke to the college such as Slideshows, Video content, FAQs and Downloads.
- Content versioning and moderation - The CMS allows the college team to version control and rollback to previous versions of all their pages in their website. Moderation is also included to verify content across staff departments in the college.
- Legacy Integration - we integrated with the college's Course Information System to bring up to date information to the website on courses, meaning all internal records are kept up to date with information given to the site's users.
Working alongside the college's in-house marketing team, we oversaw the full development lifecycle process utilising all of our in-house expertise.
- Project management
- Wireframing and UX design
- Site design
- Creation of detailed technical documentation
- The high level technical build of the site.
- User feedback and testing at various project milestones
The site brief was simple; "create one of the best performing educational websites in the UK", and initial statistics and feedback have suggested that's what we are very close to achieving in the short time since the website’s launch. Check the site out on the link below for another example of work created at the COALFACE.